Glucometers, also known as glucose meters, are highly sophisticated, requiring only a single drop of blood, and are conveniently sized and portable. They are small enough to take with you on-the-go, and based on your comfort level, can be used anywhere at any time.
Who Should Use a Glucometer
If you have type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA), or were diagnosed with gestational diabetes during pregnancy, a major part of your treatment plan should be regularly testing your blood glucose levels with a glucometer.1
Frequent glucometer use can help you:
- Check how controlled your blood sugar is and whether it’s high or low
- Recognize patterns when you’re more likely to have a spike or crash in glucose
- See how your glucose levels respond after exercise or in times of stress
- Monitor the effects of diabetes medications and other therapies
- Assess how well you’re meeting specific treatment goals
When to Test
Discuss with your doctor how often and at what times of the day you should be testing and what to do if your results are low or high. Your testing frequency may depend on your specific type of diabetes and your personal treatment plan.
Blood Glucose Monitors, Test Strips, and Lancets for blood testing at home, Hospitals, Operation Theatres, Nursing Homes, Clinics and Path Labs available on Smart Medical Buyer
Blood Glucose Monitors, Sugar Test Strips and Lancets are devices used to test the approximate concentration of glucose present in blood. Testing blood for concentration of glucose is an important step for management of diabetes. Using this diabetes machine, patients can routinely monitor blood glucose levels, a patient can plan and regularize the diet, medications and activities to maintain the blood glucose levels closest to normal. This sugar test machine is a must in diabetic households. Find the best sugar test machine price on Smart Medical Buyer.
Why Testing Blood Glucose Concentration is Important
Testing Blood for glucose concentrations is important because:
- It helps to observe and monitor substantial differences the diet, exercise and medications prescribed by the physician are making to the blood sugar concentrations
- To prevent sudden dangerously low or high levels of blood glucose concentrations
- Regular use of Blood sugar test machine helps in recording patterns of increase or decrease in blood glucose
- Using the blood sugar machine patients can see improvement in blood glucose levels with a change in diet and exercise patients will be motivated to keep working on their health